Are ‘Teatoxes’ worth the hype? My experience with Flat Tummy Tea.

Ahh, another week, another fad for me to share with you.

In the run up to summer, I have seen so many adverts and articles promoting ‘teatoxes’. Of course, if there’s shortcut then I will inevitably try it; and so, for the benefit of you lovely lot, here’s my experience of taking Flat Tummy Tea in January.

FullSizeRender-32

In my defence, and like all the fads that I embark upon, I did do extensive research before purchasing the tea. I’ve read horror stories of people shitting themselves, or worse, getting pregnant because their Pill hadn’t fully taken effect before they’d had to dash to the loo. However, Flat Tummy Tea simply promised to reduce bloating, which sounded perfect to me. Unlike the other weight-loss gimmicks I had previously tried, I didn’t actually buy the tea to shed a few pounds. I just wanted something that would make me feel less bloated and improve the overall look of my lower-stomach area.

I purchased the ‘FT FOUR’, which provides you with enough of the stuff for 28 days, and comes with a ‘cleanse’ and a ‘detox’ loose leaf tea. The instructions were simple enough, and, combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, promised to give me- as the name would suggest- a flatter looking tummy.

FullSizeRender-31

So, after following the plan religiously, never skipping a day and eating/training well, I bet you’re wondering what my results were like. And to that I can give another solid nothingI saw no results from drinking this, and found it to be much the same as any other regular herbal tea that you can buy on the cheap from Tesco. In fact, it was worse than those, because you had to faff about with a tea-strainer and all that malarkey. Whilst this may be a bit disappointing, I can’t say that I’m surprised: my track record for spending money on shortcuts is extensive, and the success rate is slim to none.

FullSizeRender-33

A shortened version of this review would be ‘please don’t get sucked in by pretty packaging and a friendly/overly persuasive sales team’. I’ve undertaken fads a fair few times (read about some of those here and here), and I pretty much document the same result at the end of each one. Though this was less harmful than the other ‘weight-loss tools’ I’ve tried in the past, it was still a waste of time and money.

On the plus side, at least it’s given me something else to write about on here…

Have you tried teatoxes? What are your thoughts?

Soph x

14 Comments

1. Hannah
    June 14, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Love this Hun! They are such a waste of money!

• cockaaz
      June 16, 2016 / 5:26 pm

I know!!! Thanks hun 🙂 x

2. June 15, 2016 / 9:42 am

Teatoxes is just crap! There is no fast way of getting rid of fat or bloating. Try to find out which foods make you bloated. Mostly it’s dairy and meat. I used to struggle with bloating after eating too much cheese and now just scrapped that our of my diet except the occasional meal out with friends at the local Italian restaurant. I feel much better and lighter. 🙂

Loved the post nonetheless xx

• cockaaz
      June 16, 2016 / 5:27 pm

I know! Deep down, I think I knew this before purchasing, but I’m such a sucker for quick fixes haha! I definitely think it’s dairy with me, I’m trying to cut down on milk again to help 🙂
      Thank you for reading! Xx

3. June 15, 2016 / 12:08 pm

Thank you for a very honest review! I am writing a post on bloating soon!

• cockaaz
      June 16, 2016 / 5:28 pm

Thank you for reading it 😀 ooo I’ll be sure to check it out! X

4. June 15, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I knew it!! haha. I have seen these splashed about all over social media and didnt buy into it! Tea will not detox you, they only thing that will detox you is your liver! lol. Sorry you had to spend your money but thanks for such a honest review! xx

• cockaaz
      June 16, 2016 / 5:29 pm

I’m glad you didn’t, it’s such a scam it’s unreal haha. Peppermint teas that you can buy for 50p in the supermarket do the same job! Thank you for reading xx

5. June 16, 2016 / 12:32 pm

Interesting post – I have been tempted but this puts me off! xo

• cockaaz
      June 16, 2016 / 5:29 pm

Good, I’m glad haha! Don’t waste your money, it’s definitely not worth it 🙂 xx

6. June 18, 2016 / 7:13 pm

So glad I saw this. I’m going through somewhat of a fitness journey and don’t know which of these “teas” will benefit me. Luckily this will be one less thing I waste my money on xx

• August 22, 2016 / 5:08 pm

I honestly wouldn’t bother with ANY of those teas! They’re a complete waste of money hun x

7. June 19, 2016 / 1:28 pm

I’m so glad that I read this cause I was debating getting a teatox just before my holiday in summer! I guess I’m going to have to do it the hard way of less food and more exercise!

• August 22, 2016 / 5:09 pm

I’m so glad I could help you! Just keep your diet in check and up the training 🙂 x